Hello NOTIS members!
I am Brianna Salinas, the new Marketing and Communications Specialist for NOTIS.
If you have any questions for me about engaging with NOTIS social media channels or if you simply want to say ‘hello’, don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
A little about me:
I earned an MA in Hispanic Literary Studies at the University of Washington.
While at the UW, I worked with Katie King on a Multi-Disciplinary Translation Studies group whose goal was to build a community of and for translators and translation scholars.
I also had the honor of working alongside three passionate and prolific faculty translators (Richard Watts, Heekyoung Cho, and Michael Biggins) who built the UW Translation Studies Hub.
I am an emerging translator. While my personal focus may be on literary translation, I am eager to learn more about the important work of our interpreting community as well!
What I am here for:
I will be helping NOTIS with social media, blog posts, the Northwest Linguist newsletter, and more. My goal is to:
- amplify NOTIS’s public-facing presence,
- create support for all that NOTIS does across various platforms, and
- recruit new members along the way.
Overall, I view this as an incredible opportunity to continue the community-building and advocacy work I engaged in at the UW.
A couple of updates:
- NOTIS is interested in adding member news sections and/or a member spotlight to upcoming blog posts and newsletters.
- If you would like to share a recent announcement or achievement (e.g., a publication, certification, new course, etc.) with fellow NOTIS members, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, if you are interested in sending a photo or blurb from a recent event, please do not hesitate to do so!
Our new and updated social media pages are as follows:
Please note that NOTIS’s previous Twitter account (@NOTISnet) is no longer active. The link above will take you to our new profile.
As for Instagram, there is little to see at the moment. Soon, we will be uploading announcements and event photos there, too.
I am beyond excited to be working with NOTIS and I look forward to meeting more of you in the coming months! Perhaps at a Feedback Forum? Or the annual picnic?
All the best,